07 October 2008

Return Home--- but where is my home? (-.-!!)

Finally I finished a master degree from Malaysia. A year away from home while so many things happened when I was away. The first week after I arrived home, I didn't feel like it was the Bangkok I knew. Politic here is still under ambiguity. I was shocked that many legal experts said things in the opposite ways from what they used to believe. I feel like I was betrayed; as the politicians, both elected and wana be, cannot explain what democracy is. I was really --- off when I read more about PDA. Where is the law enforcement? What's the good of having a brilliant constitution without anyone understand it and willing to implement it?

For me, I still believe that democracy has got only one style. There is no Thai style or western style. From what I've learned, the 1997 constitution is still the best one of its kind; and still usable. I don't know what is happening in this beloved country. People easily misunderstand even the crucial democratic concept. Why it is so? If anybody can clear my mind, please let me know. Sigh.. I thought Thailand has got the highest democratic value in Southeast Asia, though there were many coup in its history.

1 comment:

TangmO =) said...

Absolutely agree with u ka